SNACKTIME FUN: Tie-Dye Cupcakes
Although these cupcakes require some precision, they are sure to look totally groovy and psychedelic when they’re done! Thanks to Food.com, we discovered these awesome 60’s-style cupcakes that you and the kids are sure to love!
Total time: 57 minutes
Prep time: 45 minutes
Baking time: 12 minutes
1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
red food coloring
blue food coloring
green food coloring
yellow food coloring
1 (16 ounce) can vanilla frosting
rainbow candy sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven according to the cake mix directions.
2. Prepare the cake mix according to box directions. Divide the batter evenly in 6 small bowls. You will dye each bowl individually.
3. To make the colors, use the following amounts of food coloring. Make sure you scrape the sides of the bowls well while mixing to get any additional food coloring mixed into the batter. FOOD COLORING AMOUNTS:.
- Purple: 9 red + 6 blue drops.
- Blue: 12 blue drops.
- Green: 12 green drops.
- Yellow: 12 yellow drops.
- Orange: 12 yellow + 4 red drops.
- Red: 18 red drops.
4. After you have mixed the batter colors, line 24 muffin cups.
Evenly distribute the batter between the cups in the order that you dyed them, layering them carefully. I used about a half of a spoonful of each color per cup.
5. Bake according to cake mix directions.
6. Frost with white icing and add rainbow sprinkles.